thunderbird is haunted ?

Fred Schaer fred.schaer at wanadoo.fr
Mon May 19 20:07:59 UTC 2008

Ok, please don't say 'use kmail' (yet) ;)

I've been using Thunderbird for quite a while now, and I've been bearing
the following situation for a few months - but now I think it's maybe
time to start fixing...

So I have thunderbird. I write emails. I send them... and sometimes I
don't have to push the "send" button to send the mails : while I'm
writing, a window sometimes opens and asks me wether I'd like to send
the mail as UTF-8 : and then I say "*NO !! I'm not finished writting
that email !!*"... So far, I've been lucky and didn't press the "Enter"
key too often after the window poped up, but I hate sending unfinished
emails...

I'm wondering if it has to do with the automatic lookup of new emails...
who knows. Is anyone else facing this strange behaviour ?
Regards