FW: Installing Inside Windows

Sylviane et Perry White spwhite at sunrise.ch
Wed May 14 15:29:34 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 13 May 2008 20:17, alan c wrote:
> Sylviane et Perry White wrote:
> > Just out of curiosity, once you have booted into M$ what is the
> > additional time to "boot" into Wubi ?
(snip)

> It does not need to actually boot into Windows, although it does use
> the Windows boot loader (instead of the more linux usual grub, say).
>
> What happens is the usual bios start up and tests, then Windows (boot
> loader) offers a text menu Windows or Ubuntu (default Windows)(looking
> rather similar to the basic grub text display) with a countdown of
> about 10 seconds I think, then if chosen, Ubuntu loads as it would
> normally.
>
> The extra time is in principle the 10 seconds or so it takes for the
> Windows boot loader to be active an don the screen.
I thought Wubi was running within M$. As you describe it then
perhaps there is no difference except for the countdown. Ubuntu also needs to
to wait for bios start up and tests, then get the bootloader going.

Thanks for the info		Perry

--
BOFH excuse #228: That function is not currently supported, but Bill Gates
assures us it will be featured in the next upgrade