KDE4 pendrive mount options

José Troncoso troncoso at mundo-r.com
Wed May 14 15:26:28 UTC 2008

In KDE4 Unicode characters in pendrives filenames are not shown correctly. I
guess this is because the pendrive's mount options don't include "utf8":

/dev/sdc1 on /media/UDISK type vfat (rw,nosuid,nodev,uhelper=hal,uid=1000)

In KDE3 the pendrive is mounted with these options:

/dev/sdc1 on /media/UDISK type vfat
(rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,uhelper=hal,flush,uid=1000,utf8,shortname=lower)

and the filenames are all shown correctly.

How can I tell KDE4 to use the correct mount options? Any suggestions would be
appreciated.

Thanks,

--
José A. Fernández Troncoso