FW: Installing Inside Windows

Sylviane et Perry White spwhite at sunrise.ch
Tue May 13 17:26:59 UTC 2008

On Monday 12 May 2008 01:18, Andrew Jarrett wrote:
> If you are talking about using the "Wubi" installation program, then
> it will just take some free space on your hard drive and create a
> virtual partition (and won't affect your data whatsoever).  Its pretty
> much no risk -- just about as much risk as using a live CD (and I
> don't know how that could ever mess up anyone's system).  If you want
> to uninstall it, you just remove it through the Add/Remove Programs in
> the Windows Control Panel.

Hi,
Just out of curiosity, once you have booted into M$ what is the additional
time to "boot" into Wubi ?

Perry

P.S. this is the second time I mail this, first time it was rejected, I got
the message:
> > > From:
> > > kubuntu-users-owner at lists.ubuntu.com
> > > (snip)
> > > You must subscribe before posting to this list and you must send with
> > > the same e-mail as you subscribed with.
        *I was already subscribed and didn't (really?) change my e-mail*
> > > (Note that gmail and googlemail are different addresses, make sure you
> > >  subscribe with the right one.)

If you are curious (although I have no need to apologise publicly to a mail
that was sent to me privatly by a machine) this is what happened:

Anyone *but the list* can mail me at xxx at freesurf.ch because...
My provider is closing the mail account I was using (xxx at freesurf.ch) and
forcing me to take a new mail account (xxx at sunrise.ch, served by
pop.gmail.com instead of pop.freesurf.ch)

I didn't expect any side effect since my *old address is redirected* and I
still receive mails @freesurf.ch but obviously the system managing the list
is having a hickup.

I just unsubscribed and tried to resubscribe with the same address to see if
the system would catch up...  no way ;-(
Finally it worked with my address @sunrise.ch

If you read this far, perhaps you can explain.

Just out of curiosity		Perry

--
BOFH excuse #190: Proprietary Information