upgrade to hardy killed VirtualBox network access

Edmund Ĺaugasson ed.lau at mail.ee
Mon May 12 19:43:25 UTC 2008

I upgraded Kubuntu 7.10 to 8.04 and VirtualBox 1.5.6 to 1.6.0 and also reinstalled guest additions
in WinXP SP2 virtual machine but cannot acces to network anymore.

I use host interface so I have vbox0 and br0 (eth0+vbox0=br0) virtual network interfaces and also
ifconfig shows them. I also use registered MAC address at my router. I fixed the new MAC address, so
it corresponds as in router described but no success.

I also tried to remove whole network stack from WinXP using Device Manager window and then
reinstalled it again but no success :(

Does anybody have an idea, what might be wrong?