FW: Installing Inside Windows

Andrew Jarrett jarrett.andrew at gmail.com
Sun May 11 23:18:30 UTC 2008

On Sun, May 11, 2008 at 6:12 PM, Alex Osgood <tynamic77 at comcast.net> wrote:
> Hello I just have a simple question to askā€¦ if im going to install kubuntu
> inside windows is it safe? Like will I loose all of my data or anything like
> that?  Or will it just be like a installed program that doesn't affect
> anything around it.
>

> Alex

If you are talking about using the "Wubi" installation program, then
it will just take some free space on your hard drive and create a
virtual partition (and won't affect your data whatsoever).  Its pretty
much no risk -- just about as much risk as using a live CD (and I
don't know how that could ever mess up anyone's system).  If you want
to uninstall it, you just remove it through the Add/Remove Programs in
the Windows Control Panel.

Andrew

--
45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B2