Non playing of music CDs

Jonas Norlander jonorland at gmail.com
Sun May 11 09:59:23 UTC 2008

2008/5/10 Neil Winchurst <neil at holsdev.vispa.com>:
> On Sat, 10 May 2008 23:31:35 +0200
> "Jonas Norlander" <jonorland at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> > Here is my current fstab file.
>> >

>> > # /etc/fstab: static file system information.
>> > #
>> >
>> > proc            /proc           proc    defaults        0       0
>> >
>> > # /dev/sda1
>> >
>> > UUID=c72f24c4-c540-4017-b437-b68e73e85174 /               ext3
>> > defaults,errors=remount-ro 0       1
>> >
>> > # /dev/sda5
>> >
>> > UUID=1107a4cd-bb0e-4d06-9c5c-596b8e2078e0 none            swap
>> > sw              0       0
>> >
>> > /dev/hdc        /media/cdrom0   udf,iso9660 user, noauto,exec 0 0
>>
>> You got spaces in the options field and that's is not allowed. And
>> both udf and iso9660 in the filesystem field do that work? Better to
>> have auto as filesystem for a cd/dvd it think.
>>
>> / Jonas
>>
> The cdrom line is exactly the same as it was in Edgy except for the
> addition of 'exec'. And it worked fine in Edgy.
>
> Neil

[Trimmed]

> /dev/hdc        /media/cdrom0   udf,iso9660 user,noauto,exec 0       0

Hi again

Your paste of fstab here don't have the space between "user," and
"noauto" so i guess your first was a paste error?
If you do have a space there remove it. The fourth field (fs_mntops)
is a comma separated list of options and having a space there would be
begging for trouble. In any case i don't think that's why you cant
play Audio CD. You don't need to mount a audio cd to be able to play
it. If i would be you i would remove or comment the line for the cdrom
and let HAL do the mounting if needed, works for me.

/ Jonas