howto dual boot vista/kubuntu 8.04 using vista bootloader with easybcd ?

Hans Henry von Tresckow hvontres at gmail.com
Thu May 8 17:35:09 UTC 2008

On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 8:47 PM, Christophe Guilbert <
cguilbert at picasso.ucsf.edu> wrote:

> Hi ,
> I would like to install a dual boot Vista/Kubuntu 8.04 and start Linux
> with Vista bootloader.
> Vista is already installed in the first partition of the HD and I don't
> want grub to be install there and override the MBR.
> when installing Linux , can I install grub on the second partition ?
> As far as I remember, I don't have this option when installing Kubuntu.
> I want to boot Linux from Vista bootloader using easybcd ....
>
> Thanks.
>
> Chris
>  <https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users>

Just out of curiosity, why don't you want to use Grub on the MBR? I have
been using that setup on my laptop quite successfully so far. Vista seems to
be ok getting dual booted from there.... at least it was a couple of months
ago :)

--
Henry von Tresckow (hvontres)