Configure Konqi as default file manager

Pete teeahr1 at gmail.com
Tue May 6 18:55:11 UTC 2008

On Tue, May 6, 2008 at 1:38 PM, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2008/5/6 Willy Hamra <w.hamra1987 at gmail.com>:
> > why dont you remove it in the first place? i always "sudo aptget remove
> > dolphin", the moment i install the system, whether gutsy or now hardy.
> >

> Because I actually think that KDE needs a simpler file manager. Not
> for myself, but for the people that I install Linux for and I see how
> they get stuck. I want to be familiar with Dolphin, but not to use it
> for my own work.
>
> Dotan Cohen

Really? From what I've observed, it seems to be the other way around.
Konqueror resembles Windows Explorer (at least superficially), so most
people can at least find their way around in it. Dolphin, OTOH, doesn't
really resemble anything that Joe User is familiar with (leaving aside
comparisons with Nautilus).

just another datapoint floating in the sea-
pete