Completing Forms In .pdf Format

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Mon May 5 08:43:36 UTC 2008

Graham Todd wrote:
> On Sun, 4 May 2008 19:47:52 -0700 (PDT)
> Earl Violet <ejviolet at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>  don't really know so this is just a suggestion, but will the KDE
>> word processor handle that?
>>
>> Earl
>
> I guess by the "KDE word processor" you mean OpenOffice.
>
> My friend has OpenOffice, KOffice, and Abiword installed, but they won't
> accept .pdf files and allow them to have any text added, so its not an
> option.
>
> On the Acroread 7 front - I thought I might have had a copy of the
> package, but no such luck.  On reflection wouldn't Acroread (Acrobat
> Reader) be able to read files only? KPDF does that...or is there a CLI
> for KPDF I've missed?
>
> Or is there a package which will accept .pdf files and allow you then
> to add text to those files......?
There is a PDFEdit software in the repos (I think I installed from the
repos) and you can find it here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfedit
I have not really done much with it but this might be what you need.
Adobe Reader normally just reads but I think if the pdf is DESIGNED as a
form it will allow input.