Installing debs from Mepis

Nigel Ridley nigel at rmk.co.il
Fri May 2 10:33:39 UTC 2008

Paul Lemmons wrote:
> [...]

I tried installing the above but got dependency problems:

nigel at laptop:~/Downloads$ sudo dpkg -i bibletime_1.6.5_i386.deb
(Reading database ... 181784 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace bibletime 1.6.4.dfsg-0ubuntu3 (using bibletime_1.6.5_i386.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement bibletime ...
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of bibletime:
  bibletime depends on libclucene0 (>= 0.9.16a-1); however:
   Package libclucene0 is not installed.
dpkg: error processing bibletime (--install):
  bibletime

So, I tried the obvious (install libclucene0) but also got dependency problems:

nigel at laptop:~/Downloads$ sudo dpkg -i libclucene0_0.9.16a-1_i386.deb
[sudo] password for nigel:
Selecting previously deselected package libclucene0.
dpkg: regarding libclucene0_0.9.16a-1_i386.deb containing libclucene0:
  libclucene0ldbl conflicts with libclucene0 (<< 0.9.16a-3)
   libclucene0 (version 0.9.16a-1) is to be installed.
dpkg: error processing libclucene0_0.9.16a-1_i386.deb (--install):
  conflicting packages - not installing libclucene0
  libclucene0_0.9.16a-1_i386.deb

So I will now write to the maintainer [ubuntu-motu at lists.ubuntu.com]

Blessings,

Nigel