Installing debs from Mepis

Pete teeahr1 at gmail.com
Thu May 1 14:08:25 UTC 2008

I wouldn't add the repository, you never know what kind of different
versions or different builds of the same versions of stuff are in there, and
apt will just blindly install whatever it sees as the "most recent version"
of stuff, without regard to where it's coming from. Just pull that deb from
their repository and install it via dpkg.

-p.