Q: copying all the kontact info from one machine to another

lanzen lanzenesi at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 07:41:11 UTC 2008

On Monday 31 March 2008 00:22:42 D. R. Evans wrote:

> Nope, I must need more than that.
>
> I already tried duplicating:
>   ~/.kde/share/apps/kabc
>   ~/.kde/share/config/kaddressbook
>   ~/.kde/share/apps/kaddressbook_addrconfig

Allright, let's see...

Config, files:
~/.kde/share/config/akregatorrc
~/.kde/share/config/emaildefaults
~/.kde/share/config/emailidentities
~/.kde/share/config/kab2kabcrc
~/.kde/share/config/kaddressbookrc
~/.kde/share/config/kcmkmailsummaryrc
~/.kde/share/config/kcmkorgsummaryrc
~/.kde/share/config/kcmsdsummaryrc
~/.kde/share/config/kmail.eventsrc
~/.kde/share/config/kmailrc
~/.kde/share/config/kmailsnippetrc
~/.kde/share/config/knoderc                       (KNode, if used)
~/.kde/share/config/kontactrc
~/.kde/share/config/kontact_summaryrc
~/.kde/share/config/korgacrc
~/.kde/share/config/korganizerrc
~/.kde/share/config/kpgprc                          (KPGP, if used)
~/.kde/share/apps/

Config, dirs  -  Not sure if these are needed:
~/.kde/share/config/kresources
~/.kde/share/config/kresourcesNew

Apps:
~/.kde/share/apps/akregator
~/.kde/share/apps/kabc
~/.kde/share/apps/kmail
~/.kde/share/apps/knode                       (KNode, if used)
~/.kde/share/apps/knotes
~/.kde/share/apps/kontact
~/.kde/share/apps/korganizer
~/.kde/share/apps/kwallet

I hope I have not left anything out. It could be nice to make a script that
gzips all that.

Oh, er... you might as well compress and save the all of ~/.kde. I bet it
wouldn't be much of a large file if it wasn't for
~/.kde/share/apps/kmail/mail   ;)

--
lanzen