USB Modem with Linux

Donatas G. dgvirtual at akl.lt
Sun Mar 30 21:26:50 UTC 2008

On Friday 28 March 2008 14:52:18 John Hansen rašė:
> I have been trying to establish whether the USB modem which the various
> mobile phone companies promote will work with Linux. I am told by the
> companies that they will not as there is a problem with drivers. Others
> maintain that they do work straight out of the box.

I have some experience with icon globesurfer 3G modems, connected via usb.
They do work, you just have to find a little program that swithces those from
usb flash memory mode to modem mode. Otherwise, they work out of the box.

I used a small file icon_switch.c that I downloaded from somewhere - guess
google knows where from.

--
Donatas Glodenis
http://dg.lapas.info