konversation keeps getting owned

Richard A. Johnson nixternal at kubuntu.org
Sat Mar 29 21:04:12 UTC 2008

On Saturday 29 March 2008, D. R. Evans wrote:
[...]
| At least, I assume it is. Since kopete won't let me log in to freenode
| (mentioned on a thread here a while ago), I haven't been bothered to try a
| different client, so I don't actually have first-hand knowledge of IRC
| since sometime in the mid 80s.

Hate to burst your bubble, but in the mid 80s, you were more than likely using
MUT on BBS (does this show my age?) :)

If you were one of the lucky few who got on IRC around 1989 (I think this is
when it came out) then you knew some people. I don't think I hopped on IRC
until around 1994 when I was in the military, and it was impossible for us to
access BBS servers.

/me goes back to McDonalds for his senior citizen coffee

--
Richard A. Johnson
nixternal at kubuntu.org
GPG Key: 0x2E2C0124