USB Modem with Linux

David Fletcher kubuntu-users at thefletchers.net
Fri Mar 28 13:28:44 UTC 2008

On Friday 28 Mar 2008, John Hansen wrote:
> I have been trying to establish whether the USB modem which the various
> mobile phone companies promote will work with Linux. I am told by the
> companies that they will not as there is a problem with drivers. Others
> maintain that they do work straight out of the box.

I've never thought about buying one of these, but, is it possible to get a
demo in a shop? When I moved to Virgin Mobile, the assistant was happy to let
me try one of the shop's SIM cards in my phone to make sure it wasn't locked.
This should be available for special devices like mobile network modems, as
part of the customer service, I would have thought.

Dave

--
Registered Linux user number 393408

http://oneandone.co.uk/xml/init?k_id=6389763