Is there a "PATH" equivalent in Kubunto?

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Tue Mar 25 23:21:27 UTC 2008

Knapp wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 1:31 PM, Jonas Norlander <jonorland at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> 2008/3/25, Dario Figueira <wurmdario at gmail.com>:
>>
>> > Ok, i added to PATH on .bash_profile and it's working as i wanted it
>> > to.
>>  >
>>  > this whole situation arised from the fact that i could run cmake from
>>  > anywhere but not ccmake,
>>  > but i just found out why =p, cmake had been copied to usr/local/bin
>>  > while ccmake had not :S
>>  >
>>  > thanks tho
>>
>>  Strange /usr/local/bin is a standard path wounder why they dont ad it?
>>
> echo $PATH
> On my computer:

PATH=/home/douglas/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/home/douglas/bin:/home/douglas/django_trunk/django/bin:/home/douglas/bin:/home/douglas/django_trunk/django/bin
> I have only added the Django stuff by hand.
> Odd the repeats I have in there?? I will have to look into that a bit,
> perhaps I added it badly...?

afaik (though of course, my system is modified) /usr/local/bin is on the
path by default, ~/bin is not - it's included in one of the .bash* files
but commented out.
--
derek