e-sata question

Donn donn.ingle at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 13:01:38 UTC 2008

> I'm sorry, but I have not even herd of e-sata.
Thanks anyway.

e-sata is 'external sata'. The drive is a sata drive (very different
connection to an IDE) and it's in a case. It has USB and another connector
for plugging into the PC. USB works fine, but I wanted to try the other
connector -- that is the e-sata side of things. Apparently one can get
awesome tranfer speeds that way.

I am fairly sure I enabled the sata stuff in the BIOS, but I could be wrong.
It's just interesting that I can find no mention of it in the messages or
logs and plugging-in via that connection has no effect at all -- so I was
generally wondering if sata/e-sata was supported on Gnu/Linux at all?

\d