Exporting PDF as MP3?

Michael Leone turgon at mike-leone.com
Sun Mar 23 00:28:15 UTC 2008

Dotan Cohen wrote:
> On 23/03/2008, D. Michael McIntyre <michael.mcintyre at rosegardenmusic.com> wrote:
>> On Saturday 22 March 2008, Dotan Cohen wrote:
>>
>>  > In KPDF one can have the text spoken out loud. Is it possible to make
>>  > an MP3 recording of that? I'm thinking along the lines of a command to
>>  > run in Konsole that would take a PDF file as an argument and output a
>>  > MP3, but I don't know where to start.
>>

>> You sure come up with unusual questions, Dotan.  PDF to MP3.  I'm shaking my
>>  head in bemused disbelief.
>
> I do an hour's walking each day to/from the university. There is only
> so much Pantera and Sepultura one can take!

That's what podcasts are for ... I walk an hour or more every night as
exercise. My local morning radio show, photography podcasts, the various
"This Week In Tech" podcasts by Leo Laporte, John C. Dvorak, etc ...
plenty of ways to fill up the walk, and you sometimes learn things in
the process ... :-)