64bit Linux

lanzen lanzenesi at gmail.com
Sun Mar 16 15:49:57 UTC 2008

Donn wrote:

> I tried the 64bit Gutsy (I think) live CD and my impression was that KDE
> *flew* -- it was liquid-smooth to drag windows around. I'd like to see what
> GTK/Gnome stuff feels like under 64, if it could do that to KDE!

I am running two 64bit and a 32bit system, the only reason for the
latter being I needed it to compile things. I think 64 is overcoming the
problem of the past. Realplayer and Skype - I think they're 32bit - just
to mention a few applications, run well.

The main reason I do use 64? Well, if nobody ever does what chance do we
have to have a stable 64bit system? ;)

--
lanzen