Trashed Hardy on update

Nigel Ridley nigel at rmk.co.il
Thu Mar 13 14:26:55 UTC 2008

I know - it's alpha stuff and you need to expect these things.....

OK, I did 'Full Upgrade' using Adept and it said there were a few
problems with downloading some things. So I waited a bit and tried
again. This time it downloaded (some libc 6 - or something similar) and
started the install process which finished with an error.

Now I can't boot normally and even in recovery mode, regardless of which
kernel I choose, I get to:
Check root= bootarg cat /proc.cmdline
or missing modules, devices: cat /proc/modules ls /dev
ALERT! /dev/disk/by-uuid/long_string_of_alphanumeric_stuff does not
exist. Dropping to a shell!
BusyBox v1.1.3 9Debian 1:1.1.3-5ubuntu12) Built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

(initramfs)

Any hope of an easy solution - or is it a reinstall....?

Blessings,

Nigel

--
OliveRoot Ministries