Terminal Mode Only

David McGlone d.mcglone at att.net
Thu Mar 13 11:14:58 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 12 March 2008 5:37:02 pm Francisco Borges wrote:
> Hello Bill,
>
> I would first try to reinstall kubuntu-desktop. Just
>
> aptitude install kubuntu-desktop
>
> Should do. That is just to be sure you have everything you should have
> installed.

After you try this, if it doesn't work, Here is a trick I do, I go
into /etc/X11 you should see files xorg.conf~, xorg.conf.1, xorg.conf.2 etc,
etc. rename your xorg.conf to one of the files with a number, usually 1 will
do, then restart your xserver, if that don't work try another. the lower
numbers are the most recent.

When I do this, I always take the xorg.conf and rename it xorg.conf.bak and
then rename one of the other xorg.conf.1 or 2 etc etc files to xorg.conf.
Once you find the one that was working, back it up ie: cp xorg.conf
xorg.conf.bak.saved

--
David M.