Disk on Key slowly getting smaller

D. Michael McIntyre michael.mcintyre at rosegardenmusic.com
Sat Mar 8 20:01:04 UTC 2008

On Saturday 08 March 2008, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> I thought that maybe parts of it were going bad, and the bad sectors
> were not being used, but a Windows reformat restores the space.

I'll have to watch more closely.  I've seen the .Trash or whatever directory
eat up space when I thought I was deleting stuff, but wasn't.  I don't think
I've ever noticed any missing space after taking care of this issue.

I would have suspected something like you did, about bad sectors.

Who knows.  It's very possible there's some insidious bug with vfat that
causes this problem.

--
D. Michael McIntyre