Graphic interface installation

Eric ejazzkatt at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 18:58:30 UTC 2008

Gustavo Sícoli wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm new to linux in anything but compiling C/C++ programs and I'm trying
> to install it for the first time.
>
>             I downloaded Kubuntu 6.06 from their own website and tried
> installing it, but figured I installed text only, then I referred to a
> HOWTO and it seems that it was supposed to give me a graphical interface
> installation from beginning, but it is not there, anyone know why?

Most likely, the graphic desktop is installed. My guess is that your
video card wasn't recognized.

Do you get the screen that allows you to choose what installation or
what kernel you want to boot with? If so, try booing with the other
options and see if you can start the Control Center and change your
video driver.

You can also start the Control Center from the command line but I don't
remember what you have to type in to start it.

Eric Jackson