Skype with Kubuntu 7.10 on Dell Inpsiron 1300 Laptop

Jon Grant jg at jguk.org
Sun Mar 2 20:23:24 UTC 2008

Hello

I'm running Kubuntu 7.10 and would like to get Skype working on my
Dell Inpsiron 1300 laptop. My mic input seems dead, it did work from
Windows before I wiped the drive. The headphones output works ok.

I had a look at this and tried a few things, but no success:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Skype

anyone encountered this already and know a solution which works? I'm
thinking it is some OSS/ALSA problem.. perhaps there is an older
verison of Skype I can use which works?

Kind regards, Jon

# lsmod |grep oss
snd_pcm_oss            44672  0
snd_mixer_oss          17664  1 snd_pcm_oss
snd_pcm                80388  6 snd_hda_intel,snd_pcm_oss
snd_seq_oss            33152  0
snd_seq_midi_event      8448  2 snd_seq_oss,snd_seq_midi
snd_seq                53232  6
snd_seq_dummy,snd_seq_oss,snd_seq_midi,snd_seq_midi_event
snd_seq_device          9228  5
snd_seq_dummy,snd_seq_oss,snd_seq_midi,snd_rawmidi,snd_seq
snd                    54660  29
snd_hda_intel,snd_pcm_oss,snd_mixer_oss,snd_pcm,snd_seq_oss,snd_rawmidi,snd_seq,snd_timer,snd_seq_device