Which Printer?

D. Michael McIntyre michael.mcintyre at rosegardenmusic.com
Sat Mar 1 23:24:19 UTC 2008

On Saturday 01 March 2008, John Hansen wrote:

> I need to buy a new printer as my present HP 840C is getting rather old.
> What is recommended for use with Kubuntu 7.10? I really only need
> black/white printing.

I like Brother printers.  They aren't quite as much on board with Linux as HP,
but their lasers still have a great track record, and the consumables are
cheaper.  I have an HL-5170 DN now, and have been very happy with it.  The
printer before this one was an HL-1440.  It's still running fine.  I just
wanted to trade up, and my old boss needed a Linux-friendly printer for his
daughter, so that gave me a good excuse.
--
D. Michael McIntyre