Dolphin forced in Intrepid Alpha

Leticia Hernández aikurn at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 07:56:35 UTC 2008

2008/6/30 Scott <slewin at bmts.com>:

> At least in the Alpha-1 release of Intrepid Dolphin is forced onto
> people.  If you attempt to uninstall it, it will also uninstall
> Konqueror.  So, it is either both, or nothing at all.

Indeed, Konqueror as a file browser uses Dolphin's file management part.

This is too bad as I did not mind quickly uninstalling Dolphin in 8.04
> to make Konqueror my choice of file browser.  Now, I can not do that and
> I am forced to change all my file associations and have Dolphin sit
> there as a waste of hard drive space.  This almost feels like windows
> where I am forced to keep all the MS crap software.

For the record, to make Konqueror your default file manager you just need to
change 2 file associations. If you're in a hurry you could change only the
inode/directory one.

Have a nice day!

--
Leticia Hernández