Firefox on KDE4: ugly and will stay ugly (with screenshot)

Art Alexion art.alexion at verizon.net
Sun Jun 29 20:38:54 UTC 2008

On Sunday 29 June 2008 16:11:08 Michael Leone wrote:
> Outside of the fact that it's dull and ugly (altho I'm sure others
> love it, as it's not cluttered and flashy), how is that a "bug"?

Most of my favorite apps are KDE, and I look forward to the KDE 4 versions.
But I am one of those people who don't like cluttered and flashy.  WinXP had
the option to use a "classic", Win2k-like interface.  Any chance we will get
an option to turn off a lot of the kde 4 desktop flash and just use the new
apps for their improved functionality?  And will we still be able to use
Konqueror as a file manager, with all of the different views, the service
menus, the ability to mange files from an ftp site as if they were on a local
network with tabs and drag and drop, the audiocd:/ functionality, smb:/ and
fonts:/, etc.?  I have removed dolphin from my current KDE 3.9 system.