lost usb/dvd on gutsy->hardy upgrade

Pablo L. Berdaguer plberd-kubuntu at yahoo.com.ar
Sat Jun 28 02:18:41 UTC 2008

Modules look ok... At least Greg's system loads the same modules mine does.
Maybe what's missing is the deamon that automounts these devices... but I don't
remember it's name right now.

About the lsscsi... I think you have to install it (sudo apt-get install lsscsi)
but you won't need it... your drive was detected ant the module loaded.

Do as Jonas sais, and if you have a /dev/cdrom file (or something like that) put
a data cd in you cd drive and try:
sudo mount /dev/cdrom -t iso9660 /mnt/cd
replaceing:
/dev/cdrom with whatever you found that sounded like a cdrom
/mnt/cd with any empty directory you have... the files in your cd should appair
there.

if mount fails, it should give some more info about why. If it does fail, try
again using also -v before -t. That does the same but in a verbose fashion.