K3b and GL DVD DL drive problem

chuck adams k7qo at commspeed.net
Thu Jun 26 20:43:31 UTC 2008

Wondering if anyone else has run into this problem.

I have a relatively new GL  DVD  DL drive that has been doing just fine.
But here is my following problem.

1.  Playing with distros, so downloaded Fedora 9 via torrent.  Checks with
SHA1SUM.

2.  Using K3b version 1.0.4 on an AMD 64 system Kubuntu 8.04.
     Write to DVD from ISO image with verify process turned on.
     Verify fails on the first track.

3.  hwinfo on drive gives me  HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GSA-H55L  rev 1.04 firmware.

Did this two times with 2X and 4X write speeds on 8X media.

4.  One disc passed the check on install but produced error on the start of
installation.  Just get "ERROR" on display and disc ejected.

FYI

P.S.  Did not have problems with openSUSE 11.0 distros, both CD and DVD
versions.

TIA

--
chuck adams, k7qo