XMMS not in repository

Mike Shaw mdshaw89 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 13:55:15 UTC 2008

2008/6/25 Jens Strohschnitter <suse-linux at rwz.de>:
> Hi list,
>
> I can't find xmms in the kubuntu (apt) repository.
> Is there an alternative (not amarok, please) proggy
> with look and feel like xmms, or can I download it
> elsewhere running on an amd64-System ?
>
> I'm using kubuntu 8.04 with KDE 3.5.x
>
> --
> kind regards,
>
> Jens Strohschnitter

hmmmmm - xmms is available on 7.10?  XMMS might have gotten dropped.
I know other distros had dropped it a while back because I thought it
was not being maintained.  There is also an XMMS2 but I have not used
it.  There is audacious but I did not like it when I tried it.

Good luck,

Mike
--
Ed: He's worse than when he was just stupid! - from "Sitting Ducks"