Switching desktop from keyboard

D. R. Evans doc.evans at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 18:21:54 UTC 2008

D. R. Evans said the following at 06/23/2008 11:55 AM :
> Does anyone know how to set up KDE so that it obeys keystrokes of the form
> "Win Key + digit" to change desktops?

Hmmm... after considerable experimentation, I am even more confused than
usual (which is quite difficult).

Basically, the only way I've found to be certain that KDE accepts "Win +
digit" is to stop running Amarok, change the keyboard settings, log out and
log back in. That always seems to work. Other combinations (e.g., not
stopping Amarok), works sometimes and for some key combinations, but not
always.

BUT

I can't get "Win + key-pad-digit" to work at all, no matter what I do. Does
"Win + key-pad-digit" work on other people's systems?

  Doc

--
Web:  http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR