How Do I Get Opera To Work? (Graham Todd)

Myriam Schweingruber schweingruber at pharma-traduction.ch
Fri Jun 20 12:20:04 UTC 2008

Hi Graham,

On 20/06/2008, Graham Todd <grahamtodd2 at googlemail.com> wrote:
>  On Thu, 19 Jun 2008 20:19:15 +0200
>  "Àlvar Mercadé" <alvar.mercade at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks for helping: I must appear a royal pain in the.....
>
>  For each of ldconfig -p | grep JRE and ldconfig -p | grep qt3-mt I get
>  nothing.  I presume this means that the "library names" are not
>  installed.  Where to from here?

Where did you get Opera from? I installed it from the Opera website
directly,  then installed it with dpkg -i opera......

works fine for me, running Kubuntu 8.04, KDE4 nightly build (Neon)

btw, it also works in my KDE 3.5.9 desktop on the same machine.

From the above I suppose you have neither Java nor Qt3 installed
(which seems strange as at least Qt3 is needed for KDE 3), both you
can get with adept or any other package manager.

Greets

Myriam

--
Protect your freedom, join the Fellowship of FSFE!
http://www.fsfe.org