Where is man:/ protocol handler configured?

Karl Klinger karlok at fastmail.fm
Thu Jun 19 21:13:23 UTC 2008

Derek Broughton wrote:
> Karl Klinger wrote:
>
>> Until recently, when I entered #command or man:/command at the alt-f2
>> command prompt the man page for command would be displayed in konqueror.
>>   Now when I try this, firefox opens with the message "Firefox doesn't
>> know how to open this address, because the protocol (man) isn't
>> associated with any program.".
>>
>> If I enter settings:/ at the command prompt, the settings protocol opens
>> in konqueror as expected.
>
> The _protocol_ handlers are set in Konqueror - which makes me suspect that
> what's actually screwed up is that you now have Firefox set as your default
> browser.

Konqueror is the default browser.  I have another user set up on this
machine, and man:/ works fine there.  What I find really confusing is
that settings:/ opens in konqueror and man:/ tries to open in firefox.

It's not that big a deal; I can always open konqueror and do the man:/
thing there.  It just bugs me not knowing what went wrong.

Karl