How to fix time?

D. R. Evans doc.evans at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 16:14:24 UTC 2008

D. R. Evans said the following at 06/16/2008 09:14 AM :
> D. R. Evans said the following at 06/16/2008 09:10 AM :
>
>> Now that I'm back, I notice that my clock is wrong... and the stupid thing
>> is that I can't figure out how to force it to use NTP (which is what it was
>> using before the power cut; I have no idea why it's no longer using it).
>>

> Hmmm... actually, it's worse than that. I can't change the time at all :-(

And it's even worse than that :-(

It seems that the System Settings tool will no longer let me switch to
"Administrator Mode" for any tool that requires root access. All that
happens when I enter the password is that the machine thinks for a few
seconds and then goes back to the ordinary non-administrator screen.

So now this is getting to be an increasingly desperate cry for help.

All this stuff worked perfectly before the power cut.

  Doc

--
Web:  http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR