GG 7.10 refuses to boot on Asus M2N-X Plus mobo

Nigel Henry cave.dnb2m97pp at aliceadsl.fr
Sun Jun 15 17:24:34 UTC 2008

On Sunday 15 June 2008 18:59, joris abadie wrote:
> HI,
> sorry for my poor english
> I have to an asus, and it was impossible with ubuntu,xubuntu....
> I find the solution with two things :
> 1 - I change the R.A.M (I put kingstom memory, the same value)

Hi Joris. I don't think that the memory is a problem, as I've been able to
install Fedora 8, Kubuntu Breezy, Archlinux, and Knoppix 5.0 boots ok.
> 2 - I change in the bios the parameter in the hard disk

Which parameters did you change for the harddisk?
> With the two actes when I try ubuntu work in my Asus
> so I try again with xubuntu, kubuntu, ... and again it is work fine
>
> 2008/6/15 Nigel Henry <cave.dnb2m97pp at aliceadsl.fr>:
<following stuff skipped>

No problemo with your English. I'm living in France, and my french is
terrible.

A question. Which Asus mobo do you have? Is it the same M2N-X Plus as mine?

Thanks for your reply.

Nigel.