PDF reader that lets one override fonts

Kelly L. Fulks kfulks at knology.net
Sun Jun 15 12:20:15 UTC 2008

Dotan Cohen wrote:
> 2008/6/7 Kelly L. Fulks <kfulks at knology.net>:
>> Having said that O'Reilly has a book on PDF hacks.  I don't have a copy
>> of it, but a co-worker does and it is possible that there is something
>> in it.  If you don't have a resolution by Monday, I will try to remember
>> to look in it.
>>

> Thanks, I would appreciate it. I must stop this project of finding a
> way around the fonts now because I must study! Exam in less than a
> week! But if you can ask on monday I would much appreciate it. I will
> send you a copy of the offending PDF in private mail, as it is only
> possible to experiment on the real thing. Thanks.
>
> Dotan Cohen
>
> http://what-is-what.com
> http://gibberish.co.il
> א-ב-ג-ד-ה-ו-ז-ח-ט-י-ך-כ-ל-ם-מ-ן-נ-ס-ע-ף-פ-ץ-צ-ק-ר-ש-ת
>
> A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
> Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

Dotan,

I kept forgetting to drop you a line on this one.  I checked the PDF
Hacks book that my friend has, and it did not have anything about
replacing the fonts via programming.  This still sounds like an
interesting project and I am sure that there is a way to do it, but it
would probably require reading the PDF file with a program and finding
the font definitions and replacing them as you write the file back out
(to a new file).  I haven't done enough work with PDFs to know whether
that is possible with ease.

--
Kelly L. Fulks
Home Account