8.04 crash, errors on sda6, won't boot up

Stephen Ransom neonchrist0 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 15 00:49:52 UTC 2008

I just installed a game with wine, and when I started it up my computer
crashed. I was forced to restart, but now kubuntu won't boot up. It does a
disk check and fails around 94% when it gets to sda 6 saying that the check
failed,  the root file system needs to be mounted in read only, and a
maintenance shell is opened.  I have no Idea what to do in the maintenance
shell, or even what needs to be fixed. any ideas?