8.04 in Windows

Howard Coles dhcolesj at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 14:39:25 UTC 2008

Neither is correct.
The hardware warranty is not based on the OS installed, that is with any
vendor I've worked with.  I've had Linux installed on my machines since
2000. (Dell, HP, Clone, and IBM boxes)

However, I would maintain a small Windows install for call in tech support.
Because they're going to say "we don't support Linux" if you don't.

As for swapping out hard drives, as long as the Hard drive you put in is
compatible with the system, the only thing your original laptop warranty
will not cover is that new hard drive.  Now, if you try to stick a drive in
that physically doesn't fit, and you try to force it and break something,
you're on your own.  But, I'm assuming both of you are smart enough not to
do that. :-D, (considering you are using Linux [wise choice] and making
enough to buy new laptops).

On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 9:26 AM, O. Sinclair <o.sinclair at gmail.com> wrote:

> Billie Walsh wrote:
> > Has anyone tried the new feature to install within Windows?
> not me
>
> > My reasoning is that I just bought a new laptop and I hate to do
> > anything while it's in warranty, I also thought about buying a new hard
> > drive and installing Kubuntu on it and taking out the original drive in
> > case I need to have warranty service. I can always pop in the original
> > hard drive if I have to send it in.
> hm, something tells me that would void any warranty on Earth, opening
> the laptop yourself etc?
>
> Sinclair

See Ya'
Howard Coles Jr.