Lightweight Office Suite

George Hall quintus.aurellius.maximus at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 02:46:52 UTC 2008

That is weird because I always looked at ms office and open office as mopeds
and been thinking of writing my own word processor to do what I need to do.

George

On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 7:23 PM, Pastor JW <pastor_jw at the-inner-circle.org>
wrote:

> On Thursday 12 June 2008 01:54:05 pm Scott wrote:
> > Lisi Reisz wrote:
> > >
> > > Don't know about Gnome office, but Koffice certainly can.  (Tho'
> probably
> > > not .docx.)
> >
> > I don't think Open Office can open the newest MS format, and I read
> > somewhere, maybe slashdot, that Open Office will not be able to until
> > version 3.
>
> I'm not sure that is the case as I have had to convert older MS Office
> documents to a format Vista Office can read for several business friends in
> town!  Yes, Vista Office can't read MickeySoft's own older documents!  It
> was
> supposed to be fixed in the latest service pack but, ...I think "service
> pack" must mean something else in MS jargon!  Two of my friends can now no
> longer get their "Vista certified" printers recognized!  They both had to
> upgrade their printers when Vista came out so they could have a printer but
> they now no longer work!  HP's and the non working driver download is said
> be huge!  I don't do windoze!
>

> --
> 73 de N7PSV aka Pastor JW <n><   PDGA# 35276
> http://the-inner-circle.org

Signature Begins--
George Arnold Hall
President / CEO
IS5000 Publications and Technological Services Canada Inc.
www.is5000.com
Author of Ancient Black Objects
Creator of New Camelot, Knights of the Round, Immortals of Scar
Current Projects: Sinister Circuits, Koryu Gannen (novels, first on back
burner, latter in process)
All work done by George Arnold Hall is (c)2000-2007 by George Arnold Hall, any
information used in correspondence with George Arnold Hall in referrence to
his work is (c)2000-2007 by George Arnold Hall, unless otherwise noted.
--Signature Ends--