Hardy Upgrade Killed vmware server

Martin Meredith mez at ubuntu.com
Sun Jun 8 14:20:57 UTC 2008

Not too sure if your question was answered, as I'm reading mail offline,
and as such, some of my emails haven't been synced for downloading.

If you search the VMWare site it should tell you something about a
patches tgz...

When I upgraded to hardy, I had to reinstall VMWare by running the
installer, answering no for the "do you want to configure now" applying
the patches, and then running the configure stuff

It then didnt work, but I found something on the ubuntu forums about
moving the normal GTK libs to overwrite the ones that VMWare server
used.

I'll try and remember to find out how I did all this tomorrow when I'm
at work (which is where I did all this) and reply with full
instructions.