okular for KDE 3.5.9?

Joel Oliver joelol75 at verizon.net
Mon Jun 9 14:02:12 UTC 2008

Chris Jones wrote:
> Dotan Cohen wrote:
>
>> What's interesting, is that 45 MB of the install is the Oxygen Icon
>> set. Talk about bloat for installing one app! (don't flame me, I know
>> why this is)
>>

> Indeed, I noticed the very same thing. Installing *all* the oxygen icons
> just for one app does seem overkill. Hopefully something else they will
> address sometime..
>
> Chris

Which brings up a good point.  Why can't just a "diff" for somw large
files be downloaded instead of the whole package.  Seems like a HUGE
waste of bandwidth.   I guess if I were a decent coder... No I'm not,
but there should be a better way... I mean what changed in the oxygen
icons? About 1MB if that...

Should be some experimental 'opt in' binary patching system for .debs
somehow.... The savings would be massive in the end.