SMTP for a second user

Neil Winchurst barnaby at drofle.com
Mon Jun 9 10:31:06 UTC 2008

I have Gutsy (kubuntu) working fine for me. I have set up TBird as my
email client and it works fine.

I have set up my daughter as a second user. I can get everything to work
for her except TBird. She can receive messages but cannot send any. I
have checked the server settings for SMTP and they are OK. I get the
message that TBird cannot connect to the server.

I am wondering if there are some permission problems somewhere, or
perhaps I need to add her to a group. Can anyone point me in the right
direction please?

Thanks

Neil Winchurst