Plasmoids

claydoh claydoh at midmaine.com
Wed Jun 4 21:14:29 UTC 2008

On Wed June 4 2008 4:40:50 pm Stefano Diem wrote:
> Hi, i have installed kubuntu 8.04 and installed kde 4.
> I would like to know if there is somewhere where i could download
> more plasmoids and how to install them?
> I have added the plasma-extragear package, but it doesn't have half of the
> 'known plasmoids' on kde.org . Maybe those will be included when kde 4.1
> comes
> to kubuntu?
> Also about MAC OS X html plasmoids, do they all work already?

Unless you want to compile the plasmoids yourself, you can try adding
Cornelius Maihoefer's  ppa repository here:
https://edge.launchpad.net/~cornelius-maihoefer/+archive
You then would install them via adept
I believe these are for 4.04

I haven't tried yet too hard to install some, but I think there is better
support for OSX widgets in 4.1 . the packages of 4.1 beta for Kubuntu are
still in progress, so I wouldn't guarantee anything. I tried a couple of
random ones from googling, and my 4.1b1 doesn't like them

--
Clay Weber
http://kubuntuforums.net