Setting default page size for printing

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 20:42:47 UTC 2008

2008/6/2 Dotan Cohen <dotancohen at gmail.com>:

> 2008/6/2 Mark Fraser <kubuntu at mfraz74.orangehome.co.uk>:
> > What are the contents of /etc/papersize?
> >

> $ cat /etc/papersize
> letter
>
> Should I simply replace that with A4 in vi as root?
>
> Dotan Cohen

Changed it started open office and still had the letter setting. I went into
system settings, regions, other and changed that at a4, restarted OO and
still had letter. Have not restarted the whole computer yet, maybe that will
help but that is for another day.

--
Douglas E Knapp

1. Sun Tzu said: Raising a host of a hundred thousand
men and marching them great distances entails heavy loss
on the people and a drain on the resources of the State.
The daily expenditure will amount to a thousand ounces
of silver. There will be commotion at home and abroad,
and men will drop down exhausted on the highways.
As many as seven hundred thousand families will be impeded
in their labor.

2. Hostile armies may face each other for years,
striving for the victory which is decided in a single day.
This being so, to remain in ignorance of the enemy's
condition simply because one grudges the outlay of a hundred
ounces of silver in honors and emoluments, is the height
of inhumanity.