Please keep it civil

Scott slewin at bmts.com
Mon Jun 2 12:30:33 UTC 2008

Michael Leone wrote:

>> |     And you honestly think that Canonical with its resources could not
>> | influence that?  Tell me again where the first place users of Canonical's
>> | KDE based distribution might express their displeasure?
>>
>> Launchpad to be honest. If you have a problem with something, it makes more
>> sense to file a bug, whether it is a certified bug or just a wishlist based
>> item. It has a better chance of being addressed than in this mailing list. A
>> majority of us typically look in here to provide support. Sometimes a good idea
>> will catch our eyes.
>
> Mailing lists are more generally read than Launchpad wishlists/bugs.
> If I'm interested in using a new program, I know I'm much more likely
> to ask a mailing list for experiences or recommendations, than to read
> some bug filing site.
What are you really trying to get out of this list if you are unwilling
to tell the developers your problems?  This list will have few, if any,
KDE developers that will actually read your concerns.

People's rants (Good and bad) are best said either on the develops list,
where you are guaranteed to have developers, or submitted as a bug,
where you are also guaranteed developers.  I don't understand why you
think developers ignore bug request like M$ does and I don't have a clue
why someone would think this list would be best for ranting to developers.

I also don't understand why these rants are allowed on this list and I
really don't understand why people are being mistreated on this list for
pointing that out; thank you Richard for trying.  This list is only for
help and Kubuntu discussion, not ranting.  And, if you don't know, a
rant is not a discussion because a discussion requires two-way
communication and rants are only one-way.  I know if rants are going to
be allowed on this list I don't think I am going to help anymore people
on this list because I already have enough kids here and I don't need to
read about people whining like children on this list.  I mean, I am not
a fan of KDE4 myself right now, but I did the mature thing and wrote
about the good things I like and submitted bug reports about the things
I found wrong or don't like, and, what a surprise, I received responses
from the developers.

--
Your friend,
Scott

Sent to you from a Linux computer using Kubuntu Version 8.04