Please keep it civil

Richard A. Johnson nixternal at kubuntu.org
Sun Jun 1 22:02:56 UTC 2008

If you have dislikes about a certain project, this is not the list to do it on.
This list is for free, community-based, user support and not "KDE 4 won't do
this or that and it sucks!"

There is nothing more that I like to do than working so hard on a project that
everyone constantly has something negative to say. It gets annoying really
fast. Threats of moving to Gnome because Ibex will be KDE 4 doesn't help your
cause at all, because guess what, you are still using free software, and that
is all that matters to me. I have been around KDE since the 1.1 days and I have
seen it go through good, bad, worse, and WHAT THE HECK! and never once did I
whine about something because I didn't like it. I have been with Linux since
1994, and there was a bunch of stuff I never liked, but guess what, I had
options and choices, so there was bound to be something I did like, or hey, I
could even contribute to a project I wanted so I could like it even more.
Contributing isn't hard to do.

Please have a bit of consideration when you have a problem with something,
especially when the only thing you might be contributing is head aches for
those busting their arses to get free software into the hands of many. If you
want to contribute something positive, there are bug reports, user support, and
more. Sitting around on a mailing list, a blog, or a forum flaming or
disrespecting a FREE project is a waste of not only the developer's time, but
your time as well.

--
Richard A. Johnson
nixternal at kubuntu.org