separate instances of Thunderbird or Kmail

Derek Broughton news at
Wed Jul 30 14:26:52 BST 2008

Gordon Schulz wrote:

> On Wed, 30 Jul 2008 14:09, O. Sinclair <o.sinclair at> wrote:
>> > Am I missing an obvious point here or isn't that easily done changing
>> > Profiles in Thunderbird and/or KMail?
>> it is likely me who is unaware of the option - how do you do that?
> For the Mozilla family:
> For KMail it should be under Settings/Configure Profiles. Got no
> experience with KMail though.

"Profiles" in KMail didn't actually seem to be the same thing as in T-bird -
I thought it was supposed to setup different views, not different accounts
(but I basically dismissed it when I didn't see that it could do anything
for me, so I might have missed something glaringly obvious :-) )