separate instances of Thunderbird or Kmail

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 08:30:05 UTC 2008

Derek Broughton wrote:
> Gordon Schulz wrote:

>>> it is likely me who is unaware of the option - how do you do that?
>> For the Mozilla family:
>> http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_Manager
>>
>> For KMail it should be under Settings/Configure Profiles. Got no
>> experience with KMail though.
>
> "Profiles" in KMail didn't actually seem to be the same thing as in T-bird -
> I thought it was supposed to setup different views, not different accounts
> (but I basically dismissed it when I didn't see that it could do anything
> for me, so I might have missed something glaringly obvious :-) )
At the end of the day I downloaded Seamonkey Mail + Browser. Set
Seamonkey to start with Mail rather than browser. Then it is like
working with Thunderbird really and I think this is it. Strange to find
that this version actually chews less memory/cpu than "real Thunderbird".

And hat sorted my problem that admittedly is more psychological than
logical :-D

Sinclair