ATI, FGLRX,s-video, VGA-out

Paul S paulatgm at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 19:02:32 UTC 2008

Larry Hartman said the following on 07/30/2008 01:45 AM:
> Did I ever say on the list how horrible the ATI X200M is?
>
> Larry

That's about the only reason I've kept M$ on it's own partition.
There's tv out and wifi that I sometimes need and can't get working
dependably in linux.  FWIW, fglrx does a great job on recognizing tv and
external monitors on my X1400, but it's taken more than a year to get it
working.  It's a shame they've never extended it back to your earlier
hardware.

Did you try the "ati" (aka "radeon") open source driver?  There's a
patch from the gatos.sourceforge.net to get tv working on certain older
cards (is X200M the same as Radeon200?).  I don't know if it's your
particular card though.  There's also a howto patch and config in the
ubuntuforums (again, not sure if it's your card).

The ati dev's have tv out on their wish list (no time line and lot's of
higher priority stuff ahead of it).

regards,